Tuition and fees vary by school so please check with the individual school. All PK-8 families enroll in a FACTS tuition payment plan, which allows you to select a payment option that best suits your financial needs. Monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and full payment options are available. You may pay by credit card or automatic bank draft. There is a $43 fee for the service. High school families should contact their school directly for payment options.
The Diocese is committed to making a Catholic education accessible to all qualified students who demonstrate financial need.
The Bishop’s Scholarship Fund is a fund for tuition assistance to students and families enrolling in a diocesan sponsored Catholic school. Awards are issued on a first-come, first-served basis, so it is to a family’s advantage to apply early.
The mission of the Bishop’s Scholarship Fund (BSF) is to help families afford a Catholic Education. In this past year, the BSF awarded over $2,000,000 in aid to families at the Diocesan elementary schools in Fairfield County.
Students currently enrolled as well as new students applying to a Catholic elementary school for September 2017 who have demonstrated financial need are eligible to apply for tuition assistance from the Bishop’s Scholarship Fund.
Scholarships will be awarded to elementary school students spring of 2017 for the following school year beginning September 2017.
- Submit your completed Registration Form for Admission for the 2017-2018 school year to your local diocesan sponsored Catholic elementary school.
- Complete a 2017-2018 Bishop Scholarship Fund Application. Return your completed Bishop Scholarship Application to your school for proof of registration for the 2017.2018 school year.
- Mail your completed application to:
Foundations in Education
Bishop Scholarship Fund
238 Jewett Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06606
- Mail your completed application to:
- Complete a FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment available at www.FACTSmgt.com. Note there is a $30 non-refundable fee required to complete the FACTS assessment. You will need your completed 2015/2016 tax returns and W-2’s.
The Bishop’s Scholarship Fund Advisory Board will receive a confidential report from FACTS outlining your financial situation based on the information you submit in your application and supporting documents.
Applications for the Bishop’s Scholarship Fund from currently registered student families must be received no later than April 1, 2017. Applications for the Bishop’s Scholarship Fund from new students enrolling will be accepted through August of 2017, or until the Fund is depleted. Submitting an application does not guarantee a scholarship, and every effort will be made to accommodate student need
Frequently asked Questions
What is the deadline?
Only completed FACTS Grant & Aid applications submitted with all required supporting documents will be considered. The deadline for submitting an application is Wednesday, April 1, 2017. Completed applications received after this date will still be considered but will not be given priority for the 2017-2018 year.
How to apply?
Complete the FACTS Grant & Aid application at www.FACTSmgt.com.aid and submit the required supporting documentation. We highly recommend that you scan and upload the documents rather than mail or fax them, which can significantly delay their processing. Please note there is a non-refundable $30.00 application processing fee payable by credit card. Only one application per family is required.
How are scholarships awarded?
- Scholarships will be awarded to eligible students based on:
- Program eligibility
- Financial Need
- Timing of when application is received and completed
- Registration fee paid to the school
- Acknowledgement letters will be sent to families beginning April 15, 2017. An application will not be considered for an award until it is fully completed and ALL supporting documentation is received.
- You will be given a deadline to accept the award and return the acknowledgement letter; credit to your tuition account will be made once your registration and enrollment process is complete.
Please note that although every effort is made to grant a scholarship to all those eligible for our programs, there is limited funding available on a yearly basis. If you are denied an award, please reach out to school administration about additional options that may be available to you.
What documents will I need?
- 2015 or 2016 1040 Tax Return
- First and Second page of the Federal 1040 tax forms from the applicant and co-applicant, if applicable. The second page of the 1040(s) must be signed.
- Include any relevant schedules filed with your 1040.
- If you cannot locate your tax return, contact the Internal Revenue Service at 1-800-908-9946 and request a transcript.
- If you do not file taxes contact the Internal Revenue Service at 1-800-908-9946 and request verification on non-filing.
- 2016 W-2 Forms
- Mailed out in January by your employer
- If not received by January 31, contact your employer
I am having trouble uploading my forms.
It is best to find a way to scan your documents. Faxing or mailing the forms to FACTS will significantly slow down the processing of your application and you miss the deadline for completion. Please contact your school for assistance.
FACTS is asking for a Schedule from my tax return, but I do not think I filed this form.
FACTS is asking for a Schedule (often C, K, etc) because one of the fields you completed on your tax return indicates that you filed that particular schedule. It must be submitted for your application to be considered complete.
For any questions or clarification of the FACTS application process, contact FACTS directly at (866) 441-4637.