Classroom Teacher, St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic School
- Recognizes and supports the unique Catholic Mission of school by speaking, acting, and instructing consistent with the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Active member of a faith community and is open to the importance of personal faith journey; strives to model the teaching of Jesus by attitude and example.
- Helps build school’s faith community-demonstrates willingness to participate in and plan school religious and service activities.
- Demonstrates effective planning skills by preparing lessons designed to implement stated goals and objectives and incorporates school and diocesan curriculum objectives in lesson plans.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Demonstrates competence in teaching by having current, thorough knowledge of curriculum and subject matter and be able to communicate effectively with students; be able to organize classroom learning and materials to maximize student time on tasks as well as motivate student learning.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learning of current developments in educational field by attending seminars, workshops, professional development, reading professional educational publications, etc.
- Encourages parental involvement in students’ education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Coordinates with other elementary professional staff members, especially within grade level or PLCs, to evaluate and assess curriculum, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Develops and uses effective methods of evaluation that are directly related to curriculum objectives and to concepts and skills taught; consistently and effectively evaluates student progress.
- Establishes a consistent disciplinary approach which promotes self-direction and positive self-image; sets high standards for student behavior and manages inappropriate behavior effectively as per school/diocesan policies.
- Pleasant learning environment.
- Cooperates with school and diocesan administration; works effectively with all staff members to promote positive relationships with students and parents.
- At all times demonstrates professional responsibility in enforcing diocesan and school policies and regulations.
- Maintains confidentiality of information, sound judgment in professional dress and general behavior.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal
- Working knowledge and strong commitment to the mission of fostering lay leadership in the Catholic Church.
- Excellent communications skills-written, verbal, public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a self-starter and well-organized; team player; multi-tasker.
- Proficient in computer technology; related educational technology.
- Flexibility in assessing needs and strategies-adapt appropriately.
- Bachelor’s Degree accredited college/university in Education or related discipline to teaching assignment
- Valid State Teaching Certification in appropriate grade level and/or subject
- Practicing Roman Catholic, in good standing
- Master’s Degree
- Demonstrated teaching experience
- Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade level