ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
Catholic Academy of Bridgeport
Qualifications of the ideal candidate:
- Leads as a mission-driven Roman Catholic who articulates a clear vision for the school based on the values and
philosophy of Catholic education.
- Collaborates with administrators, clergy, and parishes to evangelize and form a faith community of faculty, staff,
students, and parents, based on the explicit and intentional integration of the teachings of the Church and Gospel
values where students are nurtured, thrive, and develop to their full potential.
- Provides and assures that the academic program is rigorous, well-articulated, and integrates best practices of
individualized instruction. Commits to the use of technology and blended learning to enhance a variety of
- Emphasizes the importance of transparent communication and a consultative, engaging, and respectful style of
leadership of diverse opinions and attitudes.
- Provides for the hiring of teachers and staff and assists them with regular supervision, professional training, and
- Works collaboratively with the other three principals, their faculties, and the Executive Director of the Academy to assist
in the functioning of one school with a common mission and purpose.
- Works assiduously to grow and stabilize enrollment through an active program of recruitment and retention.
- Understands the importance of financial stability by providing a balanced budget in collaboration with the Business
Manager and the Board of Directors and is willing to assist in development efforts to increase donations to the Academy
through presence at fund- and friend-raising events.
- Ensures that the school is a safe environment, characterized by loving attitudes towards each other and the extended
- Practicing Roman Catholic dedicated to an integration of faith, social justice, and Gospel
- Masters Degree from an accredited institution with course work in Educational Administration
- State certified Elementary Teacher in CT or another state
- State certified Administrator in CT or another state, or progress
- At least five (5) years of administration or teaching
- Demonstrated success and proven track record of increased student achievement and attention to standardized test
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work collaboratively with various constituents including other campus principals,
teachers, the Office of the Superintendent of Schools and the Board of Directors
- Demonstrated excellence in communication (both oral and written), managerial and organizational skills
- Proficiency in the use of technology in all aspects of school life
- Professional Spanish – proficient ability to read, write and speak in both languages is required
- 5+ years of successful school leadership
- Demonstrated experience in non-public, Catholic, or independent school education
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Experience using academic principles and best practices, understanding of current national standards and trends and
- An understanding of the mission of the Catholic Academy of Bridgeport
- An understanding of and appreciation for the nature and value of a Catholic school education.