PT English Language Arts Teacher, Immaculate High School
- Recognize/support the unique Catholic Mission of the school by speaking, acting, and instructing consistent with the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Active member of a faith community; strives to model the teaching of Jesus by attitude and example.
- Helps build school’s faith community – demonstrates willingness to participate in and plan school religious and service.
- Ensure your pupils achieve learning outcomes that are above average in the subject by instructing students in a clear, concise, and fun way, and regularly preparing lesson plans that are engaging and incorporate the curriculum
- Demonstrates effective planning skills by preparing lessons designed to implement stated goals and objectives and by incorporating school and diocesan curriculum objectives in lesson plans.
- Promote a safe classroom environment conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Coordinate with other professional staff members, especially within grade level or PLCs, to evaluate and assess curriculum, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Regularly communicate with parents and legal guardians regarding student’s performance, track and record student progress and keep records up to date for progress reports and report card conferences
- Review curriculum needs and execute plans for improvement, and provide tutoring and additional support
- At all times demonstrate professional responsibility in enforcing diocesan and school policies and regulations.
- Attend school events to better understand student interests and personalities outside of the regular classroom, build strong relationships with your students, and aid in the strengthening of their self-confidence while inspiring them to achieve high goals
- Maintain confidentiality, sound judgment, professional dress and general behavior.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in education or related field
- Working knowledge and strong commitment to the mission of fostering lay leadership in the Catholic Church
- Strong knowledge of ELA/English and Religion courses
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues to support the school’s mission
- Experience teaching in a classroom environment
- Excellent communications skills – written, verbal, public speaking and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a self-starter and well-organized; team player; multi-tasker
- Flexibility in assessing needs and strategies – adapt appropriately
<li Proficient in computer technology and related educational technology
- Master’s degree
- Experience with the blended learning model
- Practicing Roman Catholic in good standing