Introduction by Mr. Bardhyl Gjoka, Principal
St. Rose of Lima School
40 Church Hill Rd
Newtown, CT 06470
Hello! We are delighted that you are considering St. Rose School. We are truly a family here, where children in Preschool through 8th grade grow in age, wisdom and grace in an environment that is rooted in faith and thriving in academics. Walk through our halls and discover:
- We are a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges (NEASC); All teachers are NY or CT State Certified with a BS or MS in Education
- A full time security officer and completely upgraded camera system that is linked to the Newtown police
- A full time nurse; we are a nut free school
- Our Preschool program encourages children to discover themselves and God’s world in educational, creative, and engaging ways. Our Preschool faculty creates a nurturing, encouraging atmosphere allowing children to discover their individuality and how they relate collectively. The dynamic curriculum includes music, art, science fine and gross motor development, language skills and social interaction, giving young children exposure and experience that are vital to their growing minds
- A stellar academic curriculum that adheres to national, state and diocesan standards empowering students to reach their personal best and grow as leaders
- Implementation of current technology that is blended with traditional learning to ensure that students retain lessons and are well prepared for progression to the next levels of schooling and eventual employment
- A state of the art science lab where students of all ages get hands-on exposure to important scientific processes and educational initiatives such as STEM; a computer/innovation lab where all students learn computer basics and build to higher levels of knowledge including coding
- Dynamic enrichment opportunities including an outstanding music and art classes, physical education, Mock Trial, Advanced and Junior Math clubs, Robotics, Musical Theater, Band Instruction, Basketball, Track and Cheer
- Engaged, accomplished students. St. Rose School students consistently perform above average in national tests; they are hard working, goal oriented, kind and service minded people. Currently two students have patents pending as a result of their projects for the Invention Convention; we also have State Science Fair, Spelling Bee and Geography Bee finalists. One of our alumna started a non profit organization to build literacy for Preschoolers living in Third World countries
- First and foremost we are a Catholic School where Jesus Christ is at the center of our days. He is our Master Teacher as we strive to live the Gospel values in all we do. Every Friday our school family attends Mass together and classes take turns being Readers, Gift Bearers and Leaders of Song. The school environment fosters faith, kindness and service to others
- Our community is strong! The bonds formed between families, faculty and clergy/religious make coming to school like coming home. We care deeply about each other, sharing in the joys, sorrows, ups and downs of life. There are so many traditions that connect people through the years; many of our current parents were former students; several alumni say that of all their school experiences, St. Rose stays closest in their hearts. We are family!
Please take a virtual and consider becoming a part of our family. We are available to answer your questions. Feel free to call 203/426-5102 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We can also put you in touch with current parents whose insights might be beneficial. A warm welcome awaits you!
"My family and I have been part of the St. Rose of Lima community for about 4 years. Our three boys attend St. Rose school: our oldest is in 4th grade, our middle child is in 2nd grade and our youngest is in the Preschool. Being a graduate of Catholic schools, I envisioned my children obtaining the same foundations in Catholic school education that I had received.
When I toured St. Rose of Lima School, I was not only impressed with the warm environment, but also the number of clubs and extracurriculars such as Chess, Mock Trial, Math Club, Flag Football, Mandarin to name just a few. Being a Blue Ribbon of Excellence in Education also impressed me. The Administration, Faculty and families at St. Rose welcomed my family with open arms. My children have hard working, dedicated teachers who give so much of their time, support and love to each one of them. The school is under the leadership and guidance of a phenomenal Administration as well as our beloved, devoted pastor, Monsignor Weiss.
We are beyond blessed and grateful for all that St. Rose School has done and continues to do for our family and for all of the families who are part of this community.” -Parent, Mrs. Erin Nordt